Monday, March 30, 2015

Helen Keller & the Big Storm

I'm on spring break right now. :D  So I thought I'd take a minute and write about my classroom. We read the story Helen Keller in our Reading Street basal. I loved a the story! Afterwards, I checked out her autobiography, The Story of My Life, from my library. Amazing life. Made me feel kind of whiny. What do I have to complain about?


Our skill that week was fact and opinion. Not as easy as I thought. I don't remember teaching that in first.. I'm still not sure some of them get it, but I tried. We did this fact and opinion sort out in the hall. I got one of my girls to draw a giant Helen Keller for me. Didn't she do a fabulous job? All by herself.  The pictures are dark because the lights had already been turned off.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace